Friday, January 4, 2013

Enjoying a bit of the past. . . .

Old Fasioned Potato ricer & Mrs. Smith's deep dish frozen apple pie
When looking in the back of the kitchen cabinets I found the old fashioned potato ricer that we bought at an antique store several years ago. So I got it out, boiled potatoes for dinner and surprised Gary & Larry with riced potatoes!  Gary had never seen anything like it so was real amazed! It works just like I remembered it - so enjoyed them along with leftover roast beef with the gravy & added onions like Mom used to make.
Then when we got the ads for the week, I noticed an ad for Mrs. Smith's deep dish frozen apple pie and I remembered how Bud said that was the best apple pie and one they liked to keep in the freezer for a nice dessert if someone dropped in.So I went downtown and bought a couple - baked one tonight and it really is good!  I added some sugar/cinnamon on top as he said Elaine did and it is the closest to homemade I've ever eaten!  They were on sale for $4.99 at our local canned Food Warehouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment