Sunday, April 21, 2013

A beautiful spring evening in our backyard - Spring has sprung!
Roses blooming, lilacs on their last, peonies opening up those many buds, diancahtus (Pinks) blooming their hearts out - very pleasant.  My favorite rose is the tree rose - Brandy - beautiful buds, long stems, apricot color - opens up into a huge blossom. Sterling silver is very pretty this year, more blossoms than usual, and of course, the Peace is always a favorite. The red, yellow, pink and white are pretty too - love those roses! Planted a couple more peonies, a Meyer lemon tree, three small calla lilies of different colors, and went to the college garden sale yesterday and picked up two cucumbers, one green pepper, a couple zinnias and something that looks like silvery leaves - can't remember the name of it. I don't think it what I thought it was but I like the variety of color.
Happy Spring to everyone!
My first day of wearing shorts & a tank top - sandals and I'm sure was close to 80 degrees!

No comments:

Post a Comment