Sunday, January 5, 2014

Persimmons galore!!!

I pureed 6 quarts of persimmons this week - took them to church with a recipe for persimmon bread and they were promptly taken.  This afternoon I pureed the rest of the fresh ones I had that Emily brought me and got 6 more quarts.  So will share some more as I baked 8 dozen cookies this afternoon and must say I do like the persimmon bread much better than the cookies.  The cookies seem a little dry - remind me of Aunt Anna Barth - she always made persimmon cookies. A couple ladies at church love cookies so were happy to get the pulp so maybe they have a better recipe than I used. I'll freeze these and take them to church to have after church Fellowship hour.

2 comments:

  1. Put all the cookies in zip lock bags and tried them a couple days later and they were moist and delicious! Guess that's the key! Never had to freeze them - they are disappearing rapidly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Young At Heart family. So good glad to stop by your profile on the blogger. I am so glad to stop by your blog "Country Girl At Heart" and the post on it "Persimmons galore!!!" It is a blessed thing to know your family. I am in the Pastoral ministry for last 35yrs in the great city of MUMBAI a city with great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the broken hearted. We also encourage young people as well as adults from the West to come to Mumbai to work with us in the slums of MUMBAI. We would love to have some of the members of your family who have their interest in missions to come to Mumbai to work with us. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. I am sure you will have a life changing experience. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede

    ReplyDelete