Wednesday, January 7, 2015

A New Year 2015 - a New Beginning. . . .

I love the New Year!  It's like a fresh start - a time to learn new things, do new things and meet new people!


Unfortunately, I came down with a flu Monday feeling a bit dizzy after my Church Women United meeting, went on to the middle school Bible Club, feeling worse as the time went on, came home and went right to bed.  Dizzy & headache, nauseated, and felt awful.  Slept the day away, did get sick to my stomach a couple times, but I hadn't eaten but a couple pieces of my raisin persimmon nut bread to didn't have much in my stomach.  Slept off and on all day yesterday- cancelled water aerobics and my Tuesday Bible Club, hot tea and toast tasted best, and orange juice.  I did eat a little dinner last night with Gary & Larry.  Called for a sub at the hospital this afternoon so finally about 2:30 pm I decided to get out of my pajamas and have felt much better this afternoon.  I won't try water aerobics until next week - will do the Bible Club tomorrow and Friday and meet with a new board member for Habitat, and a new volunteer for a new Bible Club which starts Tuesday after school in an elementary school. We're only doing third graders so will be interesting to see how many come - will take flyers over to go home - `145 third graders in that school, we had a second grade group before Christmas at lunch but the leaders said that it just wasn't enough time.  It's the same lessons we're using in the middle schools so should be easy to adapt to the third grade level. 


I took all the Christmas decorations, including the tree down on Saturday, I usually do it on Epiphany but the high school volunteers from the hospital helped me take down four trees in less than an hour at the Courthouse Museum in the afternoon so it inspired me to do ours in the morning while Larry was at Habitat. The tree was real dry so since I put it up a little early to host my Habitat board here, it was a good idea to take it down.


The nights have been chilly, in the 30's but the afternoons have been beautiful. Would you believe it got up to 71 here this afternoon?  We're hoping for more rain and it sounds like the best opportunity for rain is a week from Friday for the weekend so we're hoping it comes through. 



No comments:

Post a Comment