Wednesday, January 7, 2015

A new year and new beginnings!

Another new year and new beginnings!


I love a new year - an opportunity to begin new things, learn new things, and do new things!


I hope to recruit more board members for our local Habitat to make our board very diversified to reflect the different cultures in our community. 


I hope to recruit more volunteers to do our Bible Clubs in our public schools - we start a new one next Tuesday - at Chenoweth - where all our kids went to school. It will be for third graders - there are 145 third graders do will probably have at least 40 attend for the first few weeks. They each take a letter home explaining that it is a Bible Club so some don't return but we usually keep a good majority of them all year.


I hope to be an active member of a call committee for anew Pastor as ours has returned to St. Louis to study for his PHD in hopes of returning to the Mission field where he visited with his whole family of five children on a year's sabactical two years ago and a return trip with his wife for a month a year ago.


I hope to do more deep cleaning and sorting - do some painting, and upgrading throughout the house - usually get a good start and then it stops.


I hope to stay healthy, keep exercising with walking Benji every morning and doing water aerobics at least two or three times a week.


I hope to further plans to visit Alaska in 2016 with all of our family, kids, in laws, grandkids, and whoever else wants to join us. . .it will be our 60th wedding anniversary!


I hope to help my oldest brother celebrate his 90th birthday in Seward Nebraska, and enjoy family celebrations.


I look forward to celebrating my 78th birthday soon and also daughter Julie's so we enjoy that special time together.


That's my hope for 2015 so far - I know the list will grow longer. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment